Lexmark is a leading provider of printing and imaging products, software, solutions and services that help businesses become more efficient and save money.
Revenue: $4.199 billion
Headquarters: Lexington, Kentucky
Macrospect Improves Lexmark’s Existing SAP Platform by Creating a Solution to Enhance Cost Center Planning Capabilities With BPC for NetWeaver 7.5.
Lexmark sought to deploy a worldwide, fixed planning tool leveraging BPC technology from SAP that could be used throughout the organization to gain efficiencies and standardize practices. Lexmark’s existing system was inflexible, difficult to maintain and the company relied heavily on spreadsheets. Lexmark needed a system that would end their dependence on manual calculations, Excel spreadsheets, and allow them to gain far greater accuracy and efficiency.
- Control the planning and consolidation efforts across the globe, tying together more than 60 countries and 4,000 cost centers
- Integrate a system with Lexmark’s existing SAP applications
- Move the company away from reliance on spreadsheets
- A standardized BPC system that spans more than 60 countries with 2,000 users and can accommodate up to 5,000 cost centers
- Increased frequency of reporting from one time per year to monthly or quarterly
REAL TIME DATA allows for more timely decision making
INCREASED FREQUENCY in the planning-cycle time
- Developed a headcount-management tool that accommodates planning for 8,000 employees on an individual level
- Moved from spreadsheet-based processes to automated functionality
AUTOMATED manual processes such as currency conversions
- Significantly reduced errors or subjective interpretation of data by making the planning and consolidation process more transparent
- Greater controls and accuracy through centralization