We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
Last Updated: November 2022
Collections of Personal Information
With respect to Site visitors, when you use or register with the Site, we may ask for certain Personal Information. We may also obtain Personal Information directly from you or your browsing activities on the Site. For such activities, we collect the following categories of Personal Information from you:
- Internet activity, such as your browsing activity on the Site, IP address, cookies, and geolocation data
- Identifiers to let us know your areas of interest, your industry, or the types of whitepapers or newsletters you subscribe to in which case you will need to provide your first and last name, email address, and your country
- Professional information if you download certain whitepapers, reports, or newsletters, in which case you will need to provide your areas of interest, your industry, and the types of newsletters to which you wish to subscribe
- Professional information such as email address, country, industry, company name, and role/title when you use tools such as the Business Resilience Navigator
With respect to job applicants, we collect the following categories of Personal Information from you:
- Identifiers, such as your name and contact information such as your email and mailing address, phone number, and any login ID / email address and password created by you
- Professional or employment-related information and education information, such as your job search criteria and preferences, your availability to work, your employment experience, current job title, educational history, your skills, reference information, background check information, pay / compensation expectations, ability to work in the United States, whether you now or in the future require sponsorship to continue work authorization, languages spoken, and other information contained in your resume. If we run a background check on you, we may also collect some of this information from our background check provider although we would first obtain your written consent before proceeding with a check
- Internet activity, such as your browsing activity on the Site, IP address, cookies, and geolocation data
- Characteristics of protected classifications under applicable law when you apply for a job with us such as gender (optional), ethnicity (optional), and whether you are a veteran (optional)
Subject to applicable law, by providing your mobile phone number to us, you opt in and consent to receive text messages from us, which includes but is not limited to text messages sent through an automatic telephone dialing system. Consent to receive marketing text messages is not required.
Uses of Personal Information
We specify below the business and commercial purposes for which we use Personal Information. We use Personal Information within the categories of identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications, professional or employment related, and education information to track your preferences, learn about what professional interests you have, to provide you with information regarding employment opportunities and career-related information, to market to you, and to provide you with requested information or services. We may from time to time use your Personal Information within the categories of identifiers and internet or other electronic activity information to send you automated email messages, text messages (message and data rates may apply), or marketing materials regarding our services. We may also use Personal Information such as geolocation data for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, and improving our services.
We may also from time to time use your Personal Information to send you automated email messages or marketing materials regarding our services. These email messages may contain web beacons and other features that help us make sure that you received and were able to open the message. You may opt out of receiving such marketing email messages at any time by sending a message with “unsubscribe” in the subject line to [email protected], or by following the instructions in any marketing communication.
In addition to the above purposes, we use your information as described in the section below titled “Disclosures of Personal Information for Business and Commercial Purposes”.
Disclosures of Personal Information for Business and Commercial Purposes
For business and commercial purposes, Macrospect may disclose to third parties the following categories of Personal Information to assist Macrospect with a variety of business and commercial functions:
- Identifiers such as your name and email address
- Characteristics of protected classifications under applicable law such as gender, ethnicity, or whether you are a veteran
- Internet or other electronic activity information such as network activity information, browsing history on the Site, search history on the Site, and your interaction with an advertisement
- Geolocation data
- Professional or employment-related information
- Education information
Such functions may include hosting our Web servers, analyzing data, detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, and illegal activity, providing legal, accounting and marketing services, customer relationship management services, processing payments, and providing other support services.
Macrospect may disclose such Personal Information to the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers. We may share Personal Information with our third-party service providers who perform business functions and services on our behalf such as the provider of Macrospect’s customer relationship management solution and other third parties who host our Web servers, analyze data, and provide legal, accounting, marketing, and support services.
- As required or appropriate by law. We may disclose Personal Information to regulatory authorities, government authorities or courts to comply with applicable laws, the service of legal process, or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law requiring such disclosure; (b) protect the rights or property of Macrospect or its affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of the users or the public.
- Business transfers. We also may disclose or transfer information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Collection and Use of Other Information
“Other Information” is any information that generally does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. We may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Site functions properly.
Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and email recipients, market our services to you, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Site, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Site. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP Address.
Third Party Services
This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site or service to which the Site links.
Personal Data Security and Confidentiality
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system is guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Revisions to the Policy
If we change this Policy we will post any updates here for your review. We will also take other steps as necessary depending on the nature of the changes, including obtaining your consent where required by local data protection laws, or providing you with the opportunity to delete your Personal Information.
Subject to certain exceptions, as a California resident, you have the right to: (i) access your Personal Information; and (ii) obtain deletion of your Personal Information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may be required to retain some of your Personal Information, and certain Personal Information is strictly necessary in order for us to fulfill the purposes described in this Policy.
- Exercising other California consumer rights. Should you wish to exercise the rights as detailed above, you may:
- contact us by phone at 214-545-6770
- contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or postal mail below
- Verification. In order to verify a request from you exercising your rights, you will need to submit a form referenced in the “Exercising other California consumer rights section” above providing (i) your legal first and last name, (ii) email address you use to correspond with Macrospect, (iii) describe your relationship with Macrospect, and (iv) provide the state you currently reside in. After you submit the form, Macrospect will send you a response email to your email on record and you will need to verify your email by clicking a “Confirm Email” button in the email Macrospect will send you.
Note you will not receive discriminatory treatment from us for exercising your rights.
Please contact us at [email protected] or at the mailing address below if you have any questions, wish to exercise your rights of access, or seek other assistance related to our participation in the Frameworks as described above.
If you have any questions about our website privacy policies, please contact us at:
Macrospect, 1431 Greenway Drive, Suite 620, Irving, TX 75038