Macrospect is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant for our Irving, Texas office. The position will play a vital role in ensuring the Company’s accounting records are complete and accurate and its financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). The position will be responsible for preparing and maintaining accounting records and supporting documentation to properly reflect financial transactions of the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of accounting principles.
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, overall expenses, and cash management.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements for our business and perform account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and maintain the ledger.
- Prepare the month-end close process, including journal entries, and generate financial statements.
- Process all accounts payable (AP) and accounts receivable (AR). Manage cash flow effectively.
- Prepare and process payroll and invoicing of clients.
- Liaison with business management and operational personnel to improve business performance and increase internal controls.
- Conduct monthly bank reconciliations.
- Work efficiently to consistently meet deadlines.
- Undertake special projects and perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred. CPA is a big plus.
- Proficiency in full-cycle accrual accounting.
- 5 years of experience in QuickBooks or related software.
- Ability to streamline and improve accounting processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and prioritize effectively to achieve goals.
- Strategic thinking ability with a focus on the long-term financial success of the organization.
- Keen attention to detail, a passion for problem-solving, initiative, and a professional, service-oriented approach.
This is not a contract position. This is a full-time employee with benefits position- 401K, vision, dental, health, short-term/long-term disability, and life insurance options.
Macrospect is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Macrospect does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.